Wednesday, June 20, 2007

On the way to Pier 66, Seattle, and An Event Apart


I picked up my registration package at the Bell Conference Center this evening.  I plan to look over the package when I sign off tonight.  I had fun, tongue-in-cheek, getting around in Seattle.  I was trying to find parking for the pier, but missed the turn.  I tried a course correction, but wound up at Safeco field on an event night-- lots of people thronging the streets.  Back to Alaskan Way, at last, and this time I found the parking!  Registration was a snap, then on to the Quality Inn.  The driving instructions said to turn right from Broad onto Thomas.  Couldn't find it-- up and down Broad, past the Space Needle.  Finally, I tried to run parallel to Broad in case Thomas ran through.  All of a sudden I saw a sign to Aurora which is where I meant to go in the first place.  I parked the car and intend to leave it here during the conference.  Today's traffic jams should last me for a while.  And I thought coming in to Seattle at 4PM sounded like a good idea.

The conference starts with breakfast and a full day till 5:30PM.  There is a "party" at 6:30, so I assume that includes food.  I'm looking forward to two packed days of high energy, good ideas, and lots of enthusiasm. 

While in Spokane, my Verizon salesrep, Carrie at River Park Square, got my laptop set up for tethering.  I'm hoping that I will be able to use the cell phone to get on the Internet when I am in remote areas without wi-fi.  Yes, there are such places...

No comments: