Sunday, June 17, 2007

Preparing for summer travels

Tuesday is departure day for my big trip of the year-- so close and so much to do! Preparations include
  • planning trip with MS Roads and Streets 2007 on home computer-- Probably takes more time than going to BC Auto Association, but it's way more fun! I found out that I can turn on voice instructions when I am driving. Hmmm. My equally geeky husband gifted me with a new Roads and Streets with GPS for my laptop-- hurray!
  • laundry-- Is it stained, does it still fit, how much room will it take in the suitcase? On the other hand, I don't want to take too much, because then, what can I buy at all the factory outlets at North Bend, Washington?
  • restocking the small medicine box-- ibuprofen, anti-diarrheal, allergy, aspirin, norflex (I think it's still cheaper in Canada than in the States), echinacea. Nothing worse than feeling lousy when I'm traveling.
  • condition of the car-- Hubby checked the air filters, especially the one for the cabin because I will be using the air conditioner a lot. We bought some new tires for the Vue in May. He has checked the fluids, rotors, who knows what else-- glad I don't have to worry about this.
  • blog-- I have been thinking about this for some time, so here is the excuse I need to get started. I used one a few years ago for my project management class, but this is the first one for me. Family & friends can follow my travels this summer. The blog gives me a chance to practice with Google analytics and try Google AdSense for the first time. I will be able to tell my business management students-- "It's soooo easy...":-)

No comments: